Thursday, December 12, 2013

Snowman Inspired Lunch

This week I am sticking to the winter holiday themes for little S's lunches and as I have mentioned before I love snowmen. Today I made little S a Snowman lunch as it has been snowing here all day.





Main Compartment:

Snowman- two rounds of sandwich bread cut with round cookie cutters the top being slightly smaller. If I do not have a cookie cutter the right size which happens to me sometimes I remember my dad using a glass to cut biscuits and usually I have a glass that works.

The snowman's scarf and hat were free hand cut from several slices of Salami. The scarf is two layers to allow for both ends of the scarf to show. The Hat is 4 layers to give it some depth to match the thickness of the sandwich bread.

Details - the snowman has royal icing eyes, and a nose made from two stuck together orange sprinkles. The mouth as well as his buttons are cut from a single dried cranberry, which I rolled on the counter to make the smile.


Top Right Compartment:

Chex Mix minus the bagel chips which are too hard for him to eat.



Bottom Right Compartment:

Halved red grapes - to look like snowman buttons

diced carrot in a mini silicone cup - traditional snowman nose

No comments:

Post a Comment