Friday, December 13, 2013

Fairy Ornament Inspired Lunch

Today I chose an ornament cookie cutter/press for little S's holiday themed lunch. We haven't used this one yet and I thought it would look good in sprinkles.



Main Compartment:

Fairy Sandwich - I cut down and slightly flattened two pieces of sandwich bread - this gives him a sandwich with less bread mouth feel and that's his size. I then spread sunflower seed butter on one slice and put it into the container. The top piece I cut with the ornament cookie cutter and before popping out the cutout pressed it to give it the impressions for the ornament. I put the now holey piece on top of the sandwich and filled the ornament hole with winter sprinkles. I added a berry lemonade yogurt to add some protein and dairy.


Top Right Compartment:

Chex mix minus the bagel chips - the bagel chips are still too hard for him so I pick them out and dad get's extras in his lunch.

Cut out ornament - I added the punched out ornament piece of bread here to help the holiday look and theme.



Bottom Right Compartment:

Cantaloupe and cranberries. Always mindful of the rainbows I am trying to teach him to eat today he has orange and red fruit with lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment