Friday, December 13, 2013

Sea Creature bath

I try to make bath time fun my thought process is that with my son being a little ocd on the clean side now.. if I can instill in him that bath time and shower time is fun then somewhere in the back of his mind later in life getting him to not stink will be easier.

Today we had a sea creature bath. I recently turned in a bunch of pampers points for another reward - our first reward was a Melissa and Doug puzzle that we play with constantly and this time I chose bathtub stickers. When they arrived they are really the same kind of foam creatures we have in his alphabet and numbers set just with pretty sides so I got out our sea creatures from the alphabet set and mixed them in to have a bunch of sea life. I stuck some to the wall and the rest I had waiting in the tub.





He likes to splash them around and once he noticed the ones on the wall would come off if you tried we had a new game. Mommy tried to get them to stick to the wall faster than he could get them all off. He was laughing and stomping and splashing and smiling from ear to ear which makes my world a brighter place and touches my heart in ways nothing else does so we played for a while. He started knocking others off with the ones he was pulling off so that he could get more than just the two in his hands off at one time. I cheered when he got them all off and he was so proud of himself. We finished the bath like normal with him pulling the plug when he's ready (sometimes this is 2 minutes into the bath sometimes this is 10 minutes into the bath) which means it's time to get clean. I turn on the water so it pours out of the faucet and he splashes. Then I turn the shower head on (its removable) and we alternate those two steps while he gets soaped up and cleaned off. It never takes very long but it is always a fun time.



No comments:

Post a Comment