Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Tree Quiet One on One Connection time

I wanted a quiet activity we could do together; something that would let us play without talking and just be together and focused on the same thing. Sometimes life especially around the holidays can get really busy rushing here and there, wrapping, baking and mommy has work and meetings and I didn't want another moment to go by without making some quiet together time.

Last week in a free hour I made a few of these quiet connect kits. I used my cookie cutters to outline some holiday shapes on construction paper, cut them out and placed them into a large zip lock bag. I then also cut out all the things you would need for that shape and placed them in smaller zip top bags. With this kit we have green trees and a baggy of smaller multi colored bits to use as ornaments and decorations. I didn't say anything to him I just sat on the floor and dumped all the contents out.



He came over and we decorated trees for a little while before he decided my trees needed cleaning and brushed all my decorations off. We played together and laughed for a while just the two of us with no other distractions and no hustle and bustle. I don't know if it helped his heart any but it sure helped my mommy heart to have some quiet connection time with my little man.


No comments:

Post a Comment