Monday, December 23, 2013

Breakfasts with Daddy

M just had his schedule change and as a result he had to work a week and a half without a day off. We celebrated he and little S sleeping in by having some fun breakfasts together on his days off.


Our first Daddy's home breakfast was pancakes!!!! I made oven pancakes that I spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon and a little vanilla. Then added sausage patties on the side.

Pulling out the two sizes of gingerbread men and women cookie cutters I put them to use and served up some size appropriate gingerbread people pancakes.



Little S's small pancake men



Daddy's Big Gingerbread Dude


The second morning I had a little time while waiting for a report to update so I took advantage of a sheet of pre-made pie crust and created four cheese mini quiches for breakfast, added a couple left over tots, and threw together a fruit salad of Kiwi, pear and pineapple. Each week I try to include at least one breakfast that doesn't have eggs served in some way and one breakfast without meat; this week you see the results of both of those breakfasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment