Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Orange, green and beige Inspired Lunch

I try to expose little S to a variety of foods and colors with meals every day. Today I had some multicolored cheese tortellini and left over roasted chicken and decided to put together a matching lunch.




Main Compartment:

Orange, Green and beige colored tortellini - these are four cheese and cooked in under 4 minutes once added to boiling water.

I diced a few pieces of roasted chicken from last night's dinner and added a yogurt.



Top Right Compartment:

Clementine - this was to match the orange pasta

Cucumber with a little skin left on here or there to match the green pasta.


Bottom Right Compartment:

Mommy trail mix - to match the beige (normal pasta color) and chicken. Mommy trail mix - is 2 parts cheerios, 1 part chex mix minus the bagel chips, 1/2 a part roasted unsalted nuts this is just peanuts this time but it has almonds sometimes also, and 1/2 a part chocolate chips. I don't really measure all of these things I just eye ball the amounts as I dump it into a zip top bag. I put out two baby bowls of this so he and I can snack on it throughout the day. Our schedule is a little off because of when I get up for work, he and his dad get up, when he takes a nap and when mommy has meetings, whether daddy is working both jobs or just one that day so we need something here to there to help us make it to the next time we sit down for a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment