Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Chocolate pudding sensory play

I had some chocolate pudding cups and though little S might like to play in the "mud". I gathered the pudding cups, some plastic bugs and creepy crawlies, some toy cars and a ramp and got to work.

First I dumped the 3 pudding cups into our sensory play bin.



Then I added the bugs and creepy crawlies



I burried them in the pudding for a surprise factor and added the ramp and little cars on top.



I put it all down on a towel in the living room and put little S in front of it. He wasn't as interested as I thought he might be.. could have something to do with the tree being in jail and it being more fun to slam the jail door. So I gathered all the parts up and took him into the bathtub for a refocus





I showed him how to make tracks with the cars but soon scrapped the whole project. This is something we may do again it just wasn't something he was into today. I pulled out the toys and left them in the tub for him to wash in his bath and we turned it into a let's clean the toys and the boy party instead. Sometimes a mommy just has to know when to surrender and give it up. I rinsed the pudding out in the sink so we only had a little left which turned out to be just enough for the bath to smell a little chocolaty. Little S loves bath time so it wasn't a total loss. We'll try again some other time today just wasn't a pudding play day.



No comments:

Post a Comment