Monday, December 9, 2013

12.09.13 Snowman ski party inspired lunch

For Little S's lunch I wanted a winter theme so I chose snowmen. I personally love snowmen.. they are the least creepy of all the holiday traditions (you can not convince me that elf on a shelf is not the creepiest thing you have ever seen, and gingerbread men equates to teaching cannibalism) and they come in all sizes and shapes which traditionally include round. They are friendly and cute and if they ever got scary all you need to fight them off is a hair dryer :)


His lunch is a collection of snowmen going on a ski trip.





Main Compartment:

Four snowmen punched from a slice of bread using a cookie cutter with detail press. I found these at Walmart a few weeks ago the package has four different holiday shapes for about a dollar. 

The snowmen are skiing on pretzel stick skis down a hill of  spicy white cheese sauce. The hill is in a forest of trees created with pretzel stick trunks and unsweetened coconut that was tinted green with food coloring for the pine needles. Much to the snowmen's delight it is also snowing - snowflake sprinkles. 



Top Left Compartment:

Diced fresh pineapple and halved red grapes




Bottom Left Compartment:

additional pretzel sticks to dip into the cheese sauce

a snowman button cookie we made late last week to keep with the snowman theme. 

4 comments:

  1. I saw this linked up at BentoLunch.net and I'm so glad! This is so cute and I LOVE the idea of using the pretzel sticks for skis! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you've done (and will do!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement

      Delete
  2. What an awesome lunch, Sarrina! Love the skiing snowmen. So creative!

    ReplyDelete