Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Quiet one on one connection time

Again we took a few minutes out of our normal routine to connect with an activity. Little S's participation is really more of a what are these? can i play with the bag? what did you make? let me take yours apart and Oh no!!! something hit the floor.


A few weeks ago I had used my cookie cutter to put together some quiet bags - activities that this year we could do together which were holiday themed and next year when he's bigger could be a  creative project. Today I took out the gingerbread package.




I sat with all the items in front of me asking him if he knew how to make a gingerbread man.. and could he help me put his little hat together. Today I didn't get a ton of help. He watched me put together the gingerbread man while playing with the baggy and then handed me button pieces for the next man but did not make one himself. Once both of mine were done and I started asking him if he could do it he decided it was time to clean up. He helped me put all the little pieces back into the baggy and for the three that had fallen to the floor he went to the pantry door to get a broom. Instead of making gingerbread men we bonded over sweeping the floors (something we do at least once if not four times a day)

There is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment