Monday, December 23, 2013

Pepperoni Reindeer Inspired Lunch

Little S today has most of a slice of pepperoni pizza cut to look like a reindeer face.





Main Compartment:


Pepperoni Pizza Reindeer- I cut a left over piece of pepperoni pizza to have a piece of pepperoni  for each eye and a piece for the reindeer's nose. I then added chocolate covered pretzels for his antlers and candy eyes to complete him.



Top Left Compartment:

Mommy Mix- this is different cereal, nuts, and snack mix all tossed together in a zip top bag to use up all  ends of the packages.



Bottom Left Compartment:

Cucumber

Clementine


Dessert:

A single scoop of spiced pear and frozen banana "ice cream"-

Spiced Pear sauce - I peeled and sliced the pears dropping them into my smallest crock pot. I added a cinnamon stick, a 1/2 tsp of apple pie spice, and 1/4 cup of maple syrup (not the pancake kind of syrup but actual maple syrup) set on low and came back 10 hours later. I took the cinnamon stick out tossed it all into my food processor and pulsed until applesauce consistency. I removed most of the pear sauce from the food processor for later and added 1 and a half frozen bananas. I blended until smooth and creamy. I put the pear and banana smoothie into a container in the freezer for an hour and served it like a scoop of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment