Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Alphabet inspired lunches Week C

This week was brought to you by the letter C.



Week C Lunch 1: C= Cupcake

Breakfast for lunch day! I took advantage of left over pancakes from my free birthday breakfasts over the weekend and used them to put together a quick breakfast for lunch with our C theme.



Using a cupcake cookie cutter I cut two large cupcakes from the left over pancakes (also great with a "pan" pancake that is baked in the oven). I then added butter to the top of the cupcake where the frosting would go just thick enough to look like frosting but if you spread it out its just enough for the entire pancake to be buttery when warm. I then added candy sprinkles and rather than a cherry on top these cupcakes have a veggie/fruit drop on top of each.  I sliced an orange and then cut the slices in half alternating how they went into the container and trimmed a banana to fit. Bananas never go to waste at our house if they are getting too ripe t we freeze them for smoothies and "banana ice cream" and I did the same thing with the trimmed parts of the large banana.



He also had a cupcake snack bowl for the day. I put out a snack for him each day and it varies from fruit, cheerios, mommy mix, pretzels, popcorn, it's usually something that needs to be eaten that will stay fresh enough all day. He knows where it is and when he gets hungry in between meals he can get himself something to eat. If it runs out and he is still hungry the bowl mysteriously ends up on the kitchen counter and mommy get's summoned to the kitchen to help unless I left the package on the counter then as I'm working I usually hear the kitchen chair being moved so he can reach it.




We did skip a inspired lunch this week Little S and M took me out for lunch on Tuesday to celebrate my birthday after having arranged for time off for me with my boss.


Week C Lunch 2: C= Chicka Chicka Boom Boom



As I have mentioned this is one of our favorite books so I used it to inspire little S's lunch today. In the large container I used shredded cheese for a beach, super thin pretzels for the tree trunk and cut coconut fronds from a quesadilla. I used a 6 inch tortilla along with taco flavoring and the same cheese that made up the beach and made the quesadilla. I then took 1 drop of green food coloring and two drops of water and applied it to the cooked  quesadlila with a wet napkin to make our coconut tree.

For A told B - I diced apples and bananas and for when B tells C I added mommy mix - cheerios, chocolate chips and coconut to help stick to our theme.




If you have never read the book it's a alphabet book that centers around the letters racing up the coconut tree and then crashing down. The first lines of which are.. "A told B and B told C. I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree. "



Week C Lunch 3: C= Cat and carrot




Today little S has an open faced salami sandwich (salami is under the bread) that was cut into a cat shape using a cookie cutter and given sugar eyes. The cat has a cat food dish of carrots and sun flower seeds for his lunch. I sectioned half an orange and cut the sections into bite size pieces and gave little S a cat fork to eat them with. The top container is Greek yogurt drizzled popcorn that is dusted with blueberry and acai berry powder. He's too little to ask but if he was older I would have gone with that being the litter box.



Week C Lunch 4: C= Cars




Three super fast salami cars are racing down the cheese highway on their way to today's lunch. I sorted through a box of Bitsy's Brain Food Zucchini Gingerbread Carrot smart snacks which are made with organic whole wheat flour, zucchini and carrots (this was not a sponsored lunch but h if they want to send some Little S loved them!) for letters to spell out cars - since we didn't have an A I used a U and a broken piece to make the A in CARS. I added a few baby carrots and diced apple that I covered with the front end of a car (play-dough cutter) and I finished his lunch with more C inspired mommy mix I made earlier in the week and topped it with his magnetic C for the refrigerator.



We have been reading our library books nonstop since we brought them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment