Saturday, November 9, 2013

Jello sensory playtime

I wanted to give Little S a fun and new playtime experience so I pulled out the three boxes of Jello I had in the pantry and got to work.

I followed the package directions for basic Jello. I decided to pour my Jello into muffin tins to get a hockey puck shape to the Jello.


Once the Jello hardened I used a large spoon to pop the Jello pucks out. I put all the Jello into a large container that had a lid.



I gave the tub of Jello along with a plastic spoon, a toy ice cream cone and a small plastic dish to little S and let him figure it out.



It took twenty minutes for him to taste it and then it became a sensory food experience.


All together he played with the Jello over 45 minutes which is a super success at eighteen months. I covered the tub and put the Jello back in the fridge.  He cleaned up with a quick shower.

This is definitely something we will be doing again with more seasonal flavors in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment