Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dinovember Day 3 - Bed/Nap time story

Since Little S is 18 months and this is the first year I am doing Dinovember I want to spark his imagination with things that are familiar or educational. I want to use this year as the ground work for the up coming years when I get crazy with his dinosaurs. As this year I am also challenged with only have 2 inch dinosaurs to work with I am getting creative with the things they are doing on a smaller scale.

Today the Dinosaurs are reading or listening to a bedtime story. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom which happens to be one of my favorite books to read Little S and one that he likes listening to which is good since often I am reciting the book to him while we are shopping and no where near the book. (I do this with a lot of his books he seems to think it's funny)




I was going through our squishy toy bin yesterday and came across one that was a dinosaur rather than a dragon and thought: how can I use one big dinosaur with my little ones and the reading idea popped into my head. This is how it turned out.





An unexpected listener the boy kittysaurus







In case you were wondering about the squishy toy bin I mentioned our toys are organized into several bins in a wall unit we have in our family room so that they can be put away in their proper homes and Little S can learn organization. (He's more OCD than Mommy is so he really doesn't need help in this arena as it turns out)



This is how we store our toys each box has a label for what types of toys are inside, the top row is more mommy things:

Scrapbook and pictures, flashcards and workbooks, school supplies, and sensory items we have used recently.

The middle row is dress up (costumes and masks), puppets, squishy toys (stuffed animals), and play food.

The bottom row houses: musical instruments, noisy toys (anything that drives mommy nuts with songs), stacking toys, and movies that he can watch.






No comments:

Post a Comment