Monday, November 18, 2013

Elmo inspired lunch

Today was little S's no meat lunch. I try to give him several meals a week that are meatless but still have enough nutrition that I don't feel like a super bad mom. For today's lunch I broke out our new Elmo sandwich cutter and used that to make his double cheese quesadilla.






Main Compartment:

Elmo Quesadilla - one large tortilla folded in half made with melted taco blend shredded cheese. Elmo's nose and mouth were cut using the same Elmo sandwich cutter on a slice of American cheese. I added candy eyes that fit where the cutter made his pupils. These candy eyes drive me a little nuts because the black dots are neither centered, nor the same size and I always find myself searching through the baggie trying to locate two about the same size and then turning them around and around so that when I take the picture the character doesn't look confused.. or staring off into space for no reason. Just a mommy pet peeve.. why can't they make them all the same? grrrr.



Top Right Compartment:

Seeds and Nut trail mix - Because there is no meat in his lunch today I wanted to give him a little non animal protein - the trail mix has roasted but not salted peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and a few cheerios.


Bottom Right Compartment:

Fruit - Diced Kiwi and his absolute favorite blueberries.



No comments:

Post a Comment