Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Alphabet soup bath

I try to surprise Little S with fun bath times or sensory experiences at random times to keep things fun and alleviate some of the guilt I have that I sometimes have a lot of work to do for my paid job that means he gets less attention than I want to give him. Given my choice I would make being a mommy a paid job but this mommy has to work an outside job also.

I threw together for him a super fun and quick Alphabet soup bath.

I took his foam letters, numbers and sea creatures tossed them in the bath tub along with things I gathered from the kitchen including a funnel, a ladle and several spoons. I added some of his body hair wash to make bubbles and then added the chef to the soup.






He had so much fun playing with all the letters especially when we found out mommy could stick one to his tummy because it was wet it would stick. I stuck a shark and some letters and he laughed and laughed. After a while I added a bit more warm water because we had played so long things were getting chilly which gave him the idea he could wash his letters. He got his washcloth and went to the faucet end of the tub giving me the hands under and stare at mommy until the water comes out look. I turned the water on and he started washing the letters and numbers that floated by.




He didn't even want to stand up for his washing today (he's normally a shower kid) so he showered sitting in his bath and kept playing while I washed the bubbles off of his toys.

I scooped up all the letters, and utensils and put them in the bathroom sink to start to dry. After I had little S all set dressed and playing I went back and sprayed the foam letters with vinegar and water to kill any bacteria and let them finish drying. The kitchen items went into the dishwasher making clean up super fast and easy. This is definitely a winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment