Thursday, November 14, 2013

11.12.13 Simple I love you inspired lunch

      I was running short on time this morning, Little S and his dad hit snooze so I only had 15 minutes to get the lunches completed for both and get breakfast on the table and eaten before M had to leave for work. We make it a point of having breakfast together as a family each day, this way no matter what happens in schedules and during the day we have come together as a family and nourished ourselves and spent time together.  Doing this requires effort because I start work before 3 am and the gentlemen do not wake up until 5:10 normally. I chose to work for the company I do because I am able to do my job from home and spend my day with Little S. If I went someplace else I would make a lot more money but I would also need to put little S in daycare and that is a big cost that I would pay for with dollars and heartache. I love being home with him although it is harder than it may sound to balance a career, house hold needs and take care of a toddler; I always feel like someone is getting shortchanged. I needed a quick lunch this day and since Little S wanted to play with every sandwich cutter I had, I reached in and got the only shape left which was a heart.

This is a simple I love you inspired lunch:






Main Compartment:

Open faced heart sandwich - One slice of bread flattened, I've mentioned before I flatten the bread to make the mouth feel better for little S and it happens to make the cutting easier. A slice of black forest ham cut with the same heart cookie cutter, and a slice of American Cheese cut with a heart cookie cutter one size smaller.


Top Right Compartment:

Roasted unsalted peanuts

Mini silicone cup of shredded red cabbage



Bottom Right Compartment:

Diced fresh pineapple and blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment