Friday, November 15, 2013

B is for Boat an alphabet Inspired Lunch

B is for boat - I used another alphabet letter as the inspiration for Little S's Lunch today.





Main Compartment:

Blue coconut ocean - unsweetened coconut tinted blue by mixing 1 drop of food coloring with and 1/4 tsp water with the coconut. I like that some is still white it makes the ocean more interesting to me, if you wanted it all blue then just keep stirring.

Orange Boat - I used the half of an orange I had left over from yesterday's lunch and just cut the small end off leaving one large slice. I cut the slice into two leaving one piece a bit bigger than half to create the boat. You can see in the picture above that the cut is 1/2 way through an extra segment for higher boat sides.

Kiwi Sail - I peeled and sliced a large Kiwi then trimmed the slice the same way I had the orange making one piece of the slice bigger than half. I attached the sail to the boat using a toothpick that I removed from the lunch after showing little S the lunch but prior to letting him have it. (the tooth pick was really pointy)


Top Right Compartment:

B is also for Bacon - I used precooked and sliced Bacon which I heated in the microwave to make crispy - when bacon first comes out of the microwave it is still pliable until it cools. I shaped the two slices into a B.

Blueberries also start with B - Little S loves Blueberries and we're still enjoying the ones I froze at the peak of the blueberry season this summer. His blueberries were served in a mini pink silicone cup.


Bottom Right Compartment:

Mommy trail mix- This was a huge hit yesterday so I made some more today - It's mostly Cheerios, with a few roasted unsalted peanuts and milk chocolate chips added. The B cookie cutter was added to emphasize the letter theme for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of an alphabet letter inspired lunch, that coconut sea is gorgeous!
    Thank you for linking up at Fun Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete