Saturday, October 12, 2013

Marshmallow Dough- perfect for toddlers

I wanted to introduce little S to play dough so we can make things together but he's 17 months old and puts things in his mouth still so I needed something edible. I found on Pinterest a marshmallow dough made with all things that are edible and thought SCORE!!!

I gathered the materials/ingredients needed:

4-5 cups of Marshmallow
2 Tbls of water
3 Tbls of cooking oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
4-5 cups of corn starch



I used a combination of pumpkin spice marshmallow and mini white marshmallow. First melt the marshmallow with the water like you are making marshmallow treats.



Once it is all melted, mix in the vanilla and the oil make sure you are mixing it very well together. Slowly add in the corn starch until you have a dough. You may need up to 5 cups of corn starch to ensure your dough is not sticky.


Because half of the marshmallows I had used were pumpkin spice our dough ended up being the color of silly puddy really more of a human skin tone color; which could be a really happy accident with Halloween being around the corner.

This is little S exploring the dough at this point it was still a little warm.


Every time I took my eyes off the boy for 10 seconds he tried to eat some of the dough. I grabbed my camera to take a picture and suddenly little S got shy.


No comments:

Post a Comment