Saturday, October 5, 2013

10.04.13 cinnamon roll taco lunch

Today is national taco day and cinnamon roll day. I thought each of those are great on their own so the combination would make an interesting lunch. I don't think it turned out as good as it looked in my head.



I started by making no yeast cinnamon rolls from scratch.  Before baking them I rolled one flat and formed it around aluminum foil to make a taco shell shape. Once baked I let it cool before removing the foil. All that worked ok but in stuffing it things went a little sideways.

I stuffed the cinnamon roll "taco" with diced breakfast sausage which cracked the shell some and it needed some color. I diced up some red apple and sprink to look like tomato or salsa in top. Then I tried adding some crushed corn flakes.to look.like cheese but it was even more brown/beige color. When I tried moving the stuffed taco it broke open a little where the crack happened from the sausage.

I got it into the container and added the lunch meat spirals, apple and squeezie to the side compartments before deciding it could use something else in the main container.  I added the string cheesr to the bottom of the shell to help hold it in place.
I added the second cinnamon roll to fill it out some. This was definitely not my best work.


No comments:

Post a Comment