Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10.15.13 I Love Lucy 62 anniversary inspired lunch

10.15.1951 I Love Lucy aired for the first time on television. I used this as inspiration for little S's lunch today.



Main Compartment:

Five peanut butter sandwich hearts - I make the sandwich then flatten it with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter for the shapes. Little S doesn't like a huge mouth full of bread so smashing it makes the bread to peanut butter a better ratio for him and lets me get more room for the cookie cutter. 

Swiss cheese heart I love Lucy inspired logo - Lucy was changed to read You!. Although little S doesn't read yet I still wanted it to be about him. 


Top Right Compartment: 

Goldfish puffs - these are his favorite Mega Cheese ones

A Lindt truffle - inspired by the Candy conveyor belt episode


Bottom Right Compartment:

Cauliflower in a mini pink silicone cup

Mango and Pear alternating hearts - I used the same cookie cutter that I previously used on the sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment