Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Four Leaf Clover Inspired Lunch

St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. Although admittedly a holiday I have protested in my adult years due to my personal beliefs; I now have a child who I do not want to be pinched and whom I want to grow up to make his own decisions about what holidays to celebrate and which to pass on. We have decorated around the house, and today have our first St Patrick's Day inspired lunch.





Main: Taco cheese quesadilla cut into a four leaf clover. I used two mini flour tortillas which I cooked with Colby jack cheese (M's favorite) and a sprinkle of taco seasoning until melted and glued together. I then used a heart cookie cutter to cut four crinkle edge hearts and trimmed a scrap edge to form the steam of our four heart leaf clover. Sides: diced summer sausage, baby carrots, and diced green apple. I refrained from coloring anything artificially in this lunch because of all the food coloring he has already had this week with the Dr. Suess and Marti Gras lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment