Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dr Suess's Birthday inspired lunch

March 2 is Dr. Suess's birthday which this year fell on Sunday. I do not make inspired meals on the weekends for little S because we are usually out and about and trying not to be home. I decided to celebrate the birthday the next day. Although admittedly I was a bit unprepared and not as inspired as I could have been. I'll do better next time.


Dr Suess inspired lunch





Main: Taco cheese quesadillas cut using an egg shaped cookie cutter with green yolk colored on using food safe markers (to make green eggs that are not fried eggs which Little S doesn't like) and a slice of ham. I did not color the ham green as I have found Little S only allows so much food coloring before he doesn't eat items. It's better for him not to not like to eat green meat anyway. Sides: Whole wheat cheese crackers, with a cat in the hat inspired skewer of dehydrated strawberries and pressed flat mini marshmallows. I pressed the mini marshmallows flat to ensure that the stripes looked correct for the hat and the one i used for the brim of the hat is just flattened a bit more than the others. He also had a cat in the hat fruit salad, of dehydrated strawberries (the parts I sliced off when making the red hat stripes) freeze dried banana and mini marshmallows.


After stepping back and looking at this lunch I vowed to do much better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment