Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chinese New Year 2014 Year of the Horse inspired lunch

I don't know if I was too focused on work, or letters of the alphabet but some how I completely missed the approach of Chinese New Year. Little S is a black water dragon and I am a metal dog (I am a January birthday so if you look at the place-mat at the Chinese restaurant you need to know that Chinese new year the year of my birthday like this year fell after and I am the previous sign.) I had planned on doing his final D lunch which of course would have been dragon but today threw together a horse lunch last minute instead.





Main compartment:

Black forest ham cut into a horse shape with a cookie cutter. Free hand cut 2014 from a slice of cheese.

Sides:

A fortune cookie - luckily we had a few on hand because if little S sees one he wants to eat one they are his favorite cookie.

pita chips to eat with the ham and cheese

diced kiwi


No comments:

Post a Comment